The husband was doing steaks and we had popped a bottle of red wine....the idea of chopping red grapes into the salad struck me and we ran with it.
The best part is how simple it is. Honestly, five minutes and it's ready, and all the ingredients are things one is likely to have on hand or be easily able to use in other dishes.
Due to my haphazard way of measuring things, this is really easy to size up or down. ;)
Cucumber Grape Salad
- One handful of greens per person (we used a bag of mixed romaine and radichio, I think.)
- One sprig of green onions per person.
- A generous handful or two of quartered red grapes.
- A goodly amount of sliced and quartered cucumber.
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- A clove of garlic
- 1/2 c. vinegar
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. whatever wine you're serving with dinner, or a cooking wine will do
- 1/3 c. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
The red grapes in the salad make this vinaigrette the perfect choice, and if you serve it alongside a beef dish your dinner will seem instantly gourmet.