Here's what I'm familiar with.
- Blogging: Blogger, Wordpress
- Social Media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, HootSuite, Buffer, and iffft
- Content Management: Familiarity with Wordpress, Blogger, Brinkster, and Freewebs
- Selling Platforms: experience with Craigslist, Half.com, Etsy, and Yahoo! Store Builder/Merchant services
- Graphic: Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Design Pro, and Gimp
- Mailing Lists Management: Constant Contact, Mail Chimp
- Expert on MS Word, familiarity with other Office programs
- Coding/Design: I know basic HTML and CSS--enough to edit and tweak existing pages, but don't have the software or know-how to do "from scratch" coding.
- Photography: I own a Canon Powershot S5 IS which I am happy to employ along with my writing
Some of my recent clients have been:
- Gotta Joe's Coffee--Set up a self-hosted Wordpress site and wrote all the content. Have partnered with the manager on graphic design which is still very much a work in progress. I write occasional e-mail campaigns via Constant Contact, and am a joint manager of our facebook presence. (I make really good coffee four days a week with Gotta Joe's, too!)
- DellaBlooms and Gifts--Helped DellaBlooms make the switch from Vistaprint to WordPress. I transferred her existing content and updated it to reflect current services offered and business goals going forward; Matched design/colors to existing logo; and, Set up accounts at HootSuite and MailChimp. Writing a monthly e-mail campaign and continuing as a web manager.
- Whitaker Oil--work in progress. So far, I have set up a basic landing page in Wordpress for the company connecting all of their locations and have written content for the Colorado locations. Will also be experimenting with Ez Texting.
I am always building my knowledge of writing and e-marketing. Some of my reading/resources have included:
- WhizBang! Retail Mastery and E-Marketing
- On Writing Well by William Zinsser
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk and E. B. White
- CopyBlogger.com, ProBlogger.net, and BloggingTips.com, LinchpinBloggers.com, MenWithPens.ca, and QuickBlogTips.com
- And here is a Goodreads shelf of other business/branding books I'm familiar with.
Let me know what you're working on! E-mail me.