Here are the rules:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself
2. Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you, and then create an eleven-question set for the next group of nominees
3. Choose eleven people to nominate and link them in the post
4. Let your nominees know they've been tagged- and no tag-backs!
5. Nominate blogs under 200 followers (the goal is to promote small blogs )
I've got to say, figuring out which blogs to nominate has been a blast. I'm going to post them FIRST just in case you get bored reading my blather and don't want to scroll all the way to the bottom for them. These bloggers are a diverse crew who aren't to be missed!
Okay, for my eleven facts.....
1. "So where are you from?" A common conversation starter but it sends me into a kind of existential crisis. I stare blankly and say, "Um. . .Nowhere?" which catches people off guard so I stumble forth with something like, "Well, my family moved around a lot so I guess I'm not really from anywhere.". But if I WERE to answer it, it would sound like, "Well, my parents' roots are in Minnesota, but I was born in Ohio. I haven't seen the state since my first birthday, though, but I lived the longest in Wisconsin? I graduated high school in Washington. . .The place I loved the most, though, and would wish I were from is Colorado. . ."
2. My favorite color is green. But I wear more blues and purples.
3. Better Homes and Gardens magazine is my guilty pleasure. I got hooked a couple years back on a free year's subscription offer, and have been feeding my addiction with cheap renewal deals ever since.
4. I've been a barista since 2009....
5. And yes, I can do latte art on my good days. :)
6. That may be the coolest thing about me, actually.
7. I'm horribly trend apathetic. And waiting for skinny jeans to go out of style because I really don't want to buy any.
8. Though I've moved 13 times and lived in 9 different states, the furthest south I've ever been is Pigeon Forge, Tennessee (Disney World doesn't really count as part of the south, right?) But next week I'm going to remedy that by vacationing in southern Mississippi. :)
9. A region of the United States I'd really like to visit someday is the Southwest.
10. I hate squash. The smell, the texture, the taste.....Nauseating.
11. I am totally in love with Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Rhubarb hand soap. (Yes, that's an affiliate link. Shameless.) It is beyond amazing. They need to make more rhubarb scented products because I would totally buy them all.
And here are Jocelyn's questions....
1. What's the first childhood memory that comes to mind right now? Because it's summer and it's hot, I'm remembering running through lawn sprinklers as a kid in Wisconsin.
2. How many countries have you been to? Which is your favorite? Just this one. Sigh. I was saving up my tips as a "travel fund" for an England trip, but ended up having to put it towards textbooks instead....
3. If you could be any age for the rest of your life, what would it be? Well, right now I'm 25, and I'm feeling like it's pretty much the best age I've been yet. :)
4. What's your favorite season? Autumn. For blazing leaves and crisp, cool winds and woodsmoke on the breeze.
5. Sweet or savory? Savory, hands down.
6. When you have free time, what do you do? I love to read! Especially fat English or Russian novels. But my free time has been so limited and those require such commitment that lately, more realistically, my free time has been spent on Pinterest. Sad. I need to get a life. Oh, when I have free time I also catch up on things like vacuuming my carpet and scrubbing my shower. Truefax!
7. What is your ideal mode of expression? Writing. It is both therapeutic and clarifying. And I'm so much better at it than talking.
8. What's your favorite thing to cook/bake? Hmmmmm. I'm going to be weird here and say baked spinach. Because I have this really tasty recipe for it.
9. Who is your favorite author? This is an impossible question....I used to have stronger feelings where I could eke out an answer....Hmm. Possibly Charles Dickens. Or Tolstoy. With a side of Willa Cather?
10. If you've got some extra cash what do you buy first: clothes, jewelry, crafting supplies, or dessert? None of the above? Most of my "extra cash" purchases seem to fall into the categories of books, plane tickets, and health/beauty products. Occasionally clothes, but only if I'm looking to fill a specific gap in my wardrobe--I don't clothes shop for "fun"....Oh, and cat toys. I buy cat toys.
11. What's your favorite flower? Lilacs have to top the list. But lily of the valley, orchids, tulips, ranunculus, irises, and sometimes peonies are also contenders. Does Russian Sage count? I love Russian Sage. :) What can I say, I LOVE flowers.
Finally, 11 questions for my nominees:
1. Is your blog more professional or personal? If personal, how do you keep motivated? If professional, what are your favorite tools, resources, and tips?
2. Describe a particularly vivid place or scene that means/meant a great deal to you.
3. What tunes have you been jamming to lately?
4. Where is one specific place you would like to travel to and why? (Not a country or town, but a specific site or attraction.)
5. Name a book near the top of your to-read pile.
6. What is one thing that you're really proud of yourself for?
7. If dreams came true, what would your life look like ten years from now?
8. What are your favorite beauty products?
9. What is a personality trait you admire and wish you had more of?
10. What are five things you excel at?
11. If you could be anywhere doing anything today, where/what would that be?
Okay everyone, share the bloggy love! :)