Do I love breaking my grocery budget over it? Not so much.
If you're looking to save money the rest of the month to make up for the annual turkey feast outlay, here are some pre-Thanksgiving meal ideas.
- Braised Cabbage -- Hardcore frugal.
- Spaghetti -- a no brainer! And totally my dinner tonight.
- Leftovers Soup -- combine some beans or lentils with whatever leftover meat and veggies are in your refrigerator and a couple bouillon cubes.
- Split Pea Soup -- Throw a pound of dried split peas in your crock pot with some carrots, celery, and onions. Add some ham or bacon if you have it. Cover with water or broth to an inch from the top of the pot, and cook till tender. There you go!
- Check out One Chicken, Many Meals from the archives (better do this one right away, though, so you aren't in poultry overdose come Thanksgiving!)
What's your favorite frugal dinner fare?